You might think that an app designed to allow users to share secrets anonymously could only end in terrible misfortune. On the whole, you’d be right. But, as with all technology, if used correctly it can be a tool for good.
The following are some funny, insightful, and even heartbreaking glimpses into Mormon life that LDS users have posted on the secret-sharing app Whisper.
- "I'm not the best Mormon, nor do I pretend to be, but I still try."
- "All of my LDS friends are getting mission calls and I'm over here like… I did my laundry for the first time in a long time."
- "I'm super Molly Mormon, but I like to tell myself that I'm not so I can feel edgy."
- "Sometimes I feel kind of singled out a bit cause there aren't really a whole lot of other black Mormons where I live and that makes me a novelty."
- "The only time I've cried because of a movie are for religious films…. Yes I'm Mormon."
- "Giving up tea is the hardest part of being Mormon."
- "I wish my family would respect my choice to want to become a Mormon."
- "I'm Mormon, but I feel like I can't reach the expectations no matter how hard I try."
- "I'm LDS. I haven't been to church in over a year… And I can't stop humming primary hymns at work."
- "So… I am going back to the LDS Mormon church. I have decided it is best for me and the life I hope for. #YSA"