Having trouble with picky eaters? These omelet cups are a perfect way for you to make a personalized breakfast for each family member, without the extra work on your part. And, if you have any leftovers, these ham and egg cups make great hors d'oeuvres that are sure to impress your relatives.
Baked Ham and Egg Cups
Recipe by Our Best Bites
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute or an additional 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 5 oz frozen spinach, defrosted, water squeezed out and roughly chopped
- (that’s half a standard frozen box of spinach)
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 oz finely diced ham, Canadian bacon, or crumbled bacon (about 1/4-1/3 C)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 12 slices ham
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except ham slices) and stir well.
Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and place one piece of ham in each well to form a bowl.
Evenly divide egg mixture between the 12 muffin wells (about 1/4 C each), being careful to keep ingredients evenly distributed. You want them to fill right up to the top.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The tops should be puffed and just barely set on top. Eggs will sink after cooling.
For more tantalizing recipes for all your holiday meals, including dessert, check out Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen.