Latter-day Saints from all over the world tuned in to general conference last weekend and were spiritually fed by the words of our prophet and Church leaders.
People turned to Twitter to share their thoughts on the messages and their responses were inspiring, thoughtful, and hilarious. Here are some of our favorites.
1. The new block schedule might be confusing for a while:
2. God always follows through:
Trust in the Lord. God never writes a check that he can't cash. //For those who are too young to know what checks are... When God says he will venmo you money he does. #LDSconf #ElderRasband— Sistas in Zion (@SISTASinZION) October 6, 2018
3. When Elder Uchtdorf called himself a "German shepherd":
4. The choir member who was just happy to be there:
5. Elder Bednar used some great visuals:
Six months ago
President Nelson: Yeah so, pretty big changes coming next conference, just a heads up that it might be kinda hard to get your talk to stand out
Elder Bednar: *signs up for a graphic design class*#GeneralConference #LdsConf— Andrew S. Pumpkins 🎃 (@R_ARich) October 6, 2018
6. She finally got to share her amazing joke:
“so excited to hear uchtdorf hit us with the plane and precious truths of the gospel”
there it is
that was the joke i was saving for #generalconference#ldsconf— poetic kate (@poetickate) October 6, 2018
7. Our prophet may be 94, but he's young at heart:
8. How does everyone end up with the same one?
Still waiting on the #ldsconf announcement that makes it a sin to keep having the exact same navy blue suit with floral ties for every Utah wedding— and I’m BLAKE the Pumpkin Proletariat (@BLymanWarrior) October 7, 2018
9. A great response for when someone asks if you're "Mormon":
10. Digital marketers were rejoicing everywhere:
— John Huntinghouse (@JHuntinghouse) October 7, 2018
11. Addressing the effects of the 10-day social media fast:
Mormon women fasting from social media for 10 days, every recipe site is gonna wonder why nobody is liking and sharing their casserole recipes. Pinterest might shut down. #LDSconf #PresidentNelson— Sistas in Zion (@SISTASinZION) October 7, 2018
12. Everyone got excited when President Nelson started talking about temples:
13. We'll be patiently waiting for the new home-centered gospel study:
14. Me listening to almost every talk this conference:
15. They must feel relieved after the Sunday afternoon session ends:
— BJ Farish (@BJ_Farish) October 7, 2018
16. Is it even conference weekend if cinnamon rolls aren't involved?
17. What a beautiful talk given by Elder Holland:
18. I don't think the German shepherd tweets will ever get old:
19. This is actually pretty accurate:
20. We love a good Marvel movie reference:
— Scott Knudson (@ScottTheAmazing) October 7, 2018
21. No wonder conference makes me hungry!
22. This quote is so important:
23. You can use the correction of the name of the Church to share the gospel:
24. Things can get a little crazy toward the end of the Sunday afternoon session:
That it. I’ve lost them. The 4 year old is building w blocks & knocking them over loudly with a ‘hiya!’ & the teens are violently throwing candy at each other. #everytime #generalconference #ldsconf #🤦🏽♀️ #momlife— Ang (@stuckinthetundr) October 7, 2018
25. The worst kind of punishment, honestly:
#ElderRenlund looks like the worse punishment he gave his kids was to sit them down, stare deep into their eyes, and softly and sadly say "I'm disappointed in your actions." #ldsconf #generalconference— News Report At Spooky Square (@TheMormonNews) October 7, 2018
26. President Eyring waving to the crowd is so sweet:
27. The answer is no. It didn't.
28. Don't let Satan win the petty little war:
29. Did this happen to you?
30. Everyone's a little nervous (but mostly excited) about their new responsibilities:
Those of us whose current family home evenings end in tantrums, tears, yelling, and somebody getting grounded are a little nervous... but we trust you Lord, we're gonna give this new #homeschoolchurch a chance. #LDSconf— Sistas in Zion (@SISTASinZION) October 6, 2018
31. What do you do during the prayers?
32. Does online school work count as negative media?
President Nelson called for a 10 day fast from any media that brings negative thoughts into my mind so ya GOODBYE Learning Suite— Hailey Skinner (@HaileySkinner) October 7, 2018
33. Me all. Conference. Long:
34. We went to church for three hours and walked up hill both ways in the snow:
35. Subtle parallels between Elder Holland and Superman:
— marlaBoo👻pets (@marlamuppets) October 7, 2018
36. Take that, Satan: