The Monument to the Three Witnesses to the Book of Mormon
Photo from wikipedia.org
33. The monument to the Three Witnesses was designed by Harold W. Burton, who later served as Church Architect and was lead designer of the Hawaii Temple and the Cardston, Alberta temple.
The Memorial Statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith
Photo from virtualtourist.com
34. These statues were originally designed to fit into the “sculpture niches” beside the two doors on the east side of the Temple. The sculpture niches are there because in Biblical times the entrances to the Jerusalem Temple were carefully guarded by the priests. For a number of years, those niches held the statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith, but they were removed and placed in the Joseph Smith Memorial Gardens on June 27, 1911.