Pizza Pasta Bake
- 3 cups rotini pasta, cooked
- 1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat extra-large skillet to medium-high heat; add olive oil. Add onion and green pepper and stir frequently until softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often. Move vegetables to one side of pan and add sausage.
Use spatula to break up meat into small pieces and cook through. Add pepperoni; stir to combine. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, marjoram, and salt. Bring tomato mixture to low simmer and cook 2–3 minutes. Turn off heat and add pasta. Combine.
Transfer mixture to 9×13-inch baking dish and top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and let rest 5–10 minutes before serving.
Check out more healthy recipes in 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites, available at Deseret Book and deseretbook.com.