Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 3½ pounds bottom round roast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1 oz.) packet onion soup mix
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
Sprinkle steak seasoning over roast and rub into meat. In large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. When very hot, carefully add the roast and sear 2–3 minutes on each side until browned. Place the seared roast in a slow cooker.
Sprinkle onion soup mix over roast and cover with sliced onion and garlic. Add vegetable broth and red wine vinegar. Cook roast on high 4–6 hours or on low 6–8 hours or until roast shreds easily.
Check out more healthy recipes in 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites, available at Deseret Book and deseretbook.com.