Simple Beef Stroganoff
- 3 1/4 cups (8 oz.) uncooked fettuccine noodles
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 6 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 (11 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 (11 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and drizzle with olive oil. In separate bowl, combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat meat with seasoning mixture then lightly dust with flour.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine olive oil and butter in pan until melted. In heated pan, brown meat 3–4 minutes. Remove meat to plate and cover with foil. Add onion and mushrooms to pan drippings. Sauté for a few minutes until onion is tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Return meat to pan.
Add beef broth and mushroom soup. Cover skillet and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes. For last few minutes, stir in sour cream. Serve over fettucine.
Green Mac ’n’ Cheese
- 4 cups (16 oz.) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup peas
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place milk and spinach in blender and process until smooth; set aside.
In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter until foamy and whisk in flour, stirring 2–3 minutes, until mixture has rich, nutty smell. Slowly whisk in spinach and milk mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 3–4 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken, whisking occasionally. Add water and shredded cheese and whisk until melted. Stir in pasta, broccoli, and peas. Transfer sauce and noodles to prepared baking dish and bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.