Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Makes 8-10 servings.
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-quart
Cooking time: 90 minutes
3 cups sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
3 cups sliced rhubarb (sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
Vanilla ice cream
1. Spray slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. For the filling: Combine strawberries, rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, and tapioca in the slow-cooker and stir until sugar coats the fruit and starts to dissolve.
3. For the crust: In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender or a fork, cut in the butter. The mixture will be crumbly. Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened.
4. Drop the dough as evenly as possible on top of the fruit.
5. Place 3-4 paper towels on top of the slow-cooker. Secure the lid on top of the paper towels.
6. Cook on HIGH for 90 minutes. Remove lid and paper towels and turn to warm. Let sit for 30 minutes.
7. Scoop out and serve in dishes with vanilla ice cream.