Banana Bundt with Chocolate Glaze and Walnuts
1 box white cake mix
2 bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ cup melted butter, cooled
½ cup buttermilk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips, optional
1 cup chocolate chips
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a Bunt pan well.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas using a fork.
4. Add brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla extract; stir until combined.
5. Add cake mix and stir well. Add chocolate chips if desired.
6. Dump batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 35–45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan, then turn out.
9. Chocolate Glaze: In a double-boiler on the stove or in a medium bowl in the microwave, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream; melt. Stir until smooth.
10. Pour glaze over cooled cake and top with walnuts. If you want your glaze to be a little thicker, let it cool a little before you pour it over the cake.