For many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, general conference weekend is one of the most exciting and inspiring times of the year. Every April and October, Church leaders gather in Salt Lake City, Utah, and address the worldwide Church on matters involving faith, change, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here are eight GIFs that perfectly explain our conference experience.
1. When you finally manage to get a ticket to a session of general conference
2. When you reach the final countdown to when the first session begins
3.When the prophet announces a new temple to be built near you
4. When you tell yourself that this time you're going to stay awake for the entire session
Click here for ideas of activities to keep your family awake and involved.
5. When the men leave for the priesthood session
6. When Elder Holland says the perfect one-liner for you to share on Facebook
Here are powerful quotes from the April 2017 general conference.
7. When you have so much good food, but only a couple of hours between sessions to eat
Try some of our favorite conference slow cooker recipes.
8. When you get an answer to your question and the Spirit hits you
Read how Brad Wilcox, Jenny Oaks Baker, and others prepare for general conference.
8. When you're on a spiritual high for days after conference is over
By the end of the weekend, you feel inspired and motivated to go out and do some good. It's time to take the answers and revelation you received and actually apply it in your life. Although it's sad to say goodbye to general conference for another six months, you feel reinvigorated and renewed to face your challenges, decisions, and everyday life.
Make sure to reread or rewatch the general conference talks after they're published online at lds.org.
Lead image from giphy.com.
In one volume you'll read President Nelson's comments and counsel on such subjects as listening, making right choices, enduring to the end, applying the Atonement, and making covenants. With his positive attitude and customary wit, President Nelson gives us hope toward an eternal life with our Father in Heaven, if we will but endure.
In Hope in Our Hearts, President Nelson brings his remarkable grasp of the gospel and his unique medical training to bear in eighteen outstanding messages that focus on family and relationships, Church doctrine, and personal growth.