12 cups tomatoes^ - peeled, cored, chopped, and drained
5 cups chopped Anaheim peppers
5 cups chopped red onion
2 cups chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
3 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
^Reconstitute before using. Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Heat all ingredients in large pot. Allow time for the mixture to cook down and thicken to your liking.
2. Prepare jars, lids and rings.
3. Bring salsa mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer and fill jars leaving 1/4-inch head space.
5. Wipe rim of jars and put on prepared lid and ring.
6. Process salsa in water bath canner for 20 minutes (after canner returns to full boil) - remember to adjust this time for your altitude.
Helpful hint: When chopping and seeding peppers, always wear gloves to prevent your hands being burned.
This article is sponsored by Emergency Essentials.