Thought: “Having faith in Jesus Christ and in His Atonement means relying completely on Him—trusting in His infinite power, intelligence, and love. . . .When we have faith in Christ, we trust the Lord enough to follow His commandments—even when we do not completely understand the reasons for them. In seeking to become more like the Savior, we need to. . .rely, through the path of true repentance, upon the merits of Jesus Christ and the blessings of His Atonement.”
—Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency
Articles of Faith 1:3: “We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.” (This would be a good time to teach the family where the Articles of Faith are found in the scriptures, at the conclusion of the Pearl of Great Price.)
• Have all members of the family open to the Bible Dictionary.
• Recite the third Article of Faith together as a family. Using the Bible Dictionary, read and define the following words. Also discuss how living by these principles and actions will make us happy:
• Watch Zack & Zoey Explore the Articles of Faith, Third Article of Faith clip. Ask family members to be thinking of questions they might have while watching the clip.
• Ask family members what questions or comments they have about the clip. Ask members of the family to share their thoughts and feelings about Christ.
Play “Doctor, Doctor.” All family members stand in a circle, close their eyes, and put both hands in the circle. Each hand must grab somebody else’s hand. Everyone then opens their eyes and tries to work together to untangle the knotted mess and return to a circle where everyone is holding hands. When they get stuck, they call for help from the doctor, a designated person who stands outside the circle. When called, the doctor can instruct people how to move in order to become untangled. After the game, explain that the game could represent the Atonement. When life gets “tangled,” the Savior has a better perspective than we do and can step in and save us; we couldn’t make it through without His help.
Purple Cow Smoothie (kids love it!)
2 cups vanilla ice cream
6 tablespoons frozen grape juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup ice
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into a glass and drink right away!
Recipe from Food.com.
To learn more about the Articles of Faith, check out the full DVD of Zack & Zoey Explore the Articles of Faith.
Sing along with the children's choir and orchestra as you learn the Articles of Faith with Zack and his sister, Zoey. Golden-Globe nominated composer Lex de Azevedo teams up with the producers of Signing Time to create fun new songs for you to remember, enjoy, and understand the Articles of Faith.