Presentation: Tell the children they are going to watch a movie about Jesus Christ. Explain that you will stop it and ask some questions a few times and they should watch closely so they can be ready to answer.
Show Chapter 2 of the DVD (Scenes from the life of Christ and the Last Supper -- approximately three minutes long)
Engage the children in a discussion about the video. Ask the following questions:
- What were some of the things Jesus did? (Heal, teach, give sacrament, wash feet)
- What did Jesus tell the disciples the bread and wine represented? (Him and His blood)
- How do you think the disciples felt when Jesus washed their feet?
Again, discuss the video by asking some questions:
- What did they do to Jesus?
- What happened when Jesus died? (Storm and earthquake)
- What happened to Jesus' body? (Placed in a tomb and covered with cloth)
Once more, discuss the video by asking questions, such as:
- Why was the tomb empty when Mary Magdalene went there?
- Were the apostles happy or sad?