This chicken is quick and easy enough for weeknights, but it’s also so delicious and classy enough to serve to company. Try this Deseret Book Our Best Bites recipe and it will be sure to hit the spot!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- High-quality balsamic vinegar salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (1-ounce) slices fresh mozzarella
1. Place chicken in a gallon-sized zip-top bag and add enough salad dressing to cover the chicken breasts (about 1 to 1½ cups). Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
2. When ready to cook, preheat an outdoor grill. In a medium-sized bowl, gently combine halved tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Lightly oil the grates of the grill and reduce the cooking temperature to medium. (If you have a large grill, you can leave at least one cooking area on high.) Place chicken breasts on the grill, close the lid, and cook for 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 7 minutes.
4. During the last 1–2 minutes, add a piece of fresh mozzarella to each chicken breast, close the lid, and allow cheese to melt. Remove from heat, top each chicken breast with the tomato-basil mixture, and serve immediately.
- ½ cup cooked pasta: 110 calories
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus (about 7–8 stalks), tossed with 1 tablespoon light balsamic vinaigrette and placed on the grill after you flip the chicken: 40 calories
- 2 (1-inch) slices French baguette: 140 calories
- Side salad
Calories: 232 Fat: 9g
Carbs: 5.7g Fiber: 2.1g
Sugars: 2.6g Protein: 28.1g