3516

Missionaries reunite after 55 years

More than 90 people crowded into Maddox Restaurant on Saturday, May 21, to reunite 47 missionaries who served in the former Central Atlantic States Mission more than 55 years ago.

According to the "2011 Deseret News Church Almanac," the mission, currently known as the Virginia Richmond Mission, was first formed in 1947 and covered Virginia and North Carolina. The mission headquarters were in Roanoke, Va., and it was overseen at the time by Henry A. Smith.

Read the rest of this story at deseretnews.com
Comments and feedback can be sent to feedback@ldsliving.com