Scripture: Article of Faith 1:9
Revelation was required to establish this Church. Revelation has brought it from its humble beginnings to its present course. Revelation has come like flowing, living water. Continuing revelation will lead it forward to the windup scene. (James E. Faust, "Continuing Revelation," Ensign, Aug. 1996, 2)
Place a cloth over a picture of Christ and the Children (such as Gospel Art Kit, 608). Tell your family that reveal means "to uncover something that has been covered." Point to the picture that is covered with the cloth. Tell them you have covered a picture. Uncover a small portion at a time, until the whole picture of Christ is revealed. Tell your family that with every revelation from God we are able to uncover (learn) more about Christ.
(Christena C. Nelson, Sharing the Articles of Faith, [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1994], p. 42.)
Play Pictionary with your family. Have each member take turns drawing one of the items listed below. The other members should guess what they are portraying. After they guess correctly, ask your family what revelation was shown by the drawing, and how that revelation teaches us about Christ. Repeat until all the items have been represented.
1. (HAS) Draw Noah gathering animals into the ark. (Revelation: Noah should build an ark to save his family from the flood that would destroy all that was unclean.)
2. (HAS) Draw Moses holding the tablets with the Ten Commandments. (Revelation: Moses should write the laws of God and ask the people to covenant to live them.)
3. (HAS) Draw Nephi obtaining the Brass Plates from Laban. (Revelation: Nephi should kill Laban because Lehi's family would need the written law to help them believe in Christ.)
4. (HAS) Draw the angel Gabriel announcing to Mary that she would be the mother of the Savior. (Revelation: The Savior would be born to a mortal woman named Mary.)
5. (HAS) Draw Amulek feeding Alma. (Revelation: Amulek's family would be blessed if he would return home and feed a holy prophet.)
6. (NOW) Draw Joseph Smith translating the Book of Mormon from the golden plates. (Revelation: Joseph Smith should translate the Book of Mormon.)
7. (NOW) Draw a temple. (Revelation: We should build temples so we can make covenants with God.)
8. (NOW) Draw a family inside a circle. (Revelation: Families can be sealed together and live forever with Heavenly Father and Jesus.
9. (NOW) Draw a sun, a moon, and the stars. (Revelation: There are three degrees of glory in the next life: the celestial, like the brightness of the sun; the terrestrial, like the moon; and the telestial, like the stars.)
10. (YET) Draw a beautiful city, New Jerusalem. (Revelation: We will be commanded to build the New Jerusalem in Jackson County, Missouri.)
11. (YET) Draw the golden plates and the scriptures. (Revelation: We will receive additional scriptures from records that have been lost and from the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon.
12. (YET) Draw many temples all over the earth. (Revelation: We will be commanded to build many more temples all over the earth, wherever there are enough members of the Church.)
(Christena C. Nelson, Sharing the Articles of Faith, [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1994], p. 43.)