Write 1 through 16 on sixteen separate sheets of colored paper (one per sheet). Gather a missionary badge, a bean bag, and the following pictures: The Anti-Nephi-Lehi’s (Gospel Art Kit 311); Temple Baptismal Font (GAK 504); Samuel the Lamanite (GAK 314); Missionaries (GAK 612).
Place the colored papers face down on the floor at the front of the room. Put them in a grid of four sheets across and four sheets down.
Read Moroni 10:32 to the children. Tell them that you are going to play a game that will teach them some of the ways they can come unto Christ.
Have a child come to the front and toss the bean bag toward the grid. Using the list below, have them do the activity, answer the question, or help lead the song that correlates to the paper the bean bag lands on. After they complete the activity remove that paper from the grid. Repeat with another child until all sixteen activities have been completed.
Sing “I Love to See the Temple,” Children’s Songbook, 95.
- Look at Picture 311. Review the story as needed then ask: What did these people do when they were taught the gospel and knew what they were doing was wrong? (Repented.)
- Where can we read the prophet’s words for us? (Church magazines.)
- Sing “I Will Follow God’s Plan,” Children’s Songbook, 164.
- When can you hear the prophet speak? (General Conference.)
- Name one way you can be a missionary now.
- Look at Picture 612. Who are the people in this picture? What are they doing? (Missionaries. Teaching the gospel.)
- What do these R words talk about? Recognize, remorse, restitution, resolve. (Steps of repentance.)
- Sing, “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission,” Children’s Songbook, 169.
- Show a missionary badge. What is it? Who uses it? (Missionaries.)
- Look at Picture 314. What is Samuel the Lamanite telling the people? (To repent.)
- Name 2 of the things you need to do to be worthy of a temple recommend. (Have testimony of Jesus Christ, pay tithing, attend church meetings, be honest, obey the Word of Wisdom, live the law of chastity, support the church leaders, treat family members with kindness.)
- Sing, “Follow the Prophet,” Children’s Songbook, 110.
- Tell what repent means. (Stop sinning and ask God for forgiveness.)
- Name an ordinance that is performed in the temple. (Marriage, endowment, sealing, baptism, confirmation, ordination.)
- Look at Picture 504. What is it? (A baptismal font in the temple.) What is under the font? (Twelve oxen.) What do they represent. (The twelve tribes of Israel.)
After all the activities have been completed review that following the prophet, being a missionary, repenting, and going to the temple are all ways we can come unto Christ. Bear testimony that you know this to be true.