Begin packing 2 or 3 days prior to your trip
- The greatest stress to your vacation is the packing and lack of sleep the day before you leave.
- Pack and prepare everything ahead of time so you can relax and get a good night's sleep before your vacation.
Use a packing list
Contact bank and credit card companies
Find out if your ATM cards will work where you are going.
Let your credit card & debit card companies know which countries you could be using your cards in.
Leave valuables at home
Safeguard your home
- Leave expensive rings, watches and jewelry at home.
- Leave credit cards that you do not plan to use at home.
- Contact your neighbors and let them know you will be out of town. Ask them to keep an eye out for anything unusual.
- Check your doors and windows, secure the locks, set the alarms and set the timers to turn on lights while you are away.
- Make arrangements to have your lawn mowed and watered or driveways and walks shoveled.
- Setup vacation holds on your newspapers and mail (Mail holds can be done online).
- Look over your billing schedules to make sure all bills will be paid while you're away.
Leave a copies of your itinerary, hotel list & cell phone numbers with . . .
- Be sure you have enough of your medications to last through the whole trip and a few days beyond.
Prepare your personal travel pouch in advance with your . . .
- Your neighbors watching your home.
- Close family members.
- Work if necessary.
Weather for Your Trip
- E-ticket itinerary or paper tickets (if applicable).
- Cash, credit and debit cards for the trip.
- Travel insurance information (if purchased).
- Copies of the picture page of your passport & credit/debit cards, in case they are lost.
Prepare entertainment for down times
- Click here to access Weather Channels website and enter the cities you plan to visit. If your trip is at a later date, you can also get the yearly averages here as well.
Enjoy your wonderful cruise or tour vacation!
- Books to read.
- Games to play.
- Personal entertainment devices.