Don’t hesitate to consider preparedness items for your gift list this year. Imagine giving those you love the gift of a better prepared home, some extra cans of food, or warmth should they need it. Here are some ideas to help you check off a few presents on that gift list!
• Stocking stuffers are easy to find when it comes to preparedness! Emergency blankets, first aid kits, whistles, fire starters, and hand warmers. are just a few of the wonderful items available to stuff a stocking with.
• If you need a gift for a dear friend, you might want consider an emergency kit. You can find kits as small or as big as you would like.
• Would you like to celebrate a great teacher, hairdresser, or mail carrier? A basket containing an assortment of preparedness items really shows how much you care.
• Know someone who spends a lot of time commuting? Give them an emergency car kit to help keep them safe on the road.
• Many of us have avid hunters and sportsman in our families. Could they use a new tent, sleeping bag, or water filter?
• Do you have a friend who loves to cook? There are food dehydrators, canners, mixers, mills, and many other items that can make kitchen work fun, easy, and help them should an emergency occur.
• Who doesn’t enjoy a good meal? Consider putting together a collection of several dehydrated or freeze dried items to make an entire meal for a special family.
• Neighborhood gifts can be simple when you consider preparedness items. One year, I supplied my neighborhood friends with a 5 in 1 Survival Whistle and a fun poem about preparedness.
The possibilities are endless! This year, take a closer look at your holiday gift list and consider checking it off with emergency preparedness items. Not only will you be helping your loved ones prepare, you’ll be blessing them with the gift of love by letting them know you want them safe and comfortable no matter what the future holds. You might find that you’ve started a new tradition in your household, being prepared for presents!