Southern Virginia’s 2013 Summer Camps appeal to a wide range of interests and ages. From football to figure drawing, we’ll help you develop your skills and talents in a supportive LDS environment. Come play, study, and explore with us!
• Learning to Own the Stage: Theatre professor Robert Stoddard and author Orson Scott Card guide you in perfecting your audition and performance pieces. Train with nearby Blackfriars Playhouse and see a live production at the Kennedy Center.
• Music Composition: Give your creative juices form through recording opportunities and concentrated study in music composition fundamentals.
• Meet the Presidents: Explore the Virginia homes and haunts of early US presidents.
• SAT, ACT & College Prep: Prepare for a successful transition to college with the test prep professionals at Revolution Prep and our own College Success Seminar.
Sports: Learn and hone specific offensive and defensive techniques at an NCAA Division III college with an LDS environment. Southern Virginia coaches and guests raise your skill level through drills, demonstrations, and competition.
• Men’s or Women’s Basketball
• Men’s or Women’s Soccer
• Men’s Lacrosse
• Vocal Beauty Boot Camp: Focus on Dr. Clayne Robison’s “Seven Interactions of Beautiful Singing” within a highly supportive group.
• Photography: Gain artistic and technical insights and skills from professional photographer Brinn Willis in the Shenandoah Valley’s beautiful mountains and historic sites.
• Figure Drawing: Both novices and developed artists will enjoy focusing on drawing and oil painting the draped human figure with award-winning artist, Rose Datoc Dall. *Youth may apply.
Learn more at svu.edu/camps.