Summer is a time of fun backyard barbecues, crazy potlucks, and spontaneous picnics. Here are some festive recipes from Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites by Sara Wells and Kate Jones that will bring a little bit of summer to your plate.
- - 4 peaches, peeled and diced
- - 1 cup diced watermelon
- - 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (about 1 tablespoon minced)
- - 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- - 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- - 1/2 cup diced red onion
- - 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- - 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- - 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- - 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- - 1 medium lime, zested and juiced
Combine peaches, watermelon, jalapeño, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Add sugar, salt, pepper, and lime zest and juice. Toss to combine. Chill a minimum of 1 hour. Toss again before serving.