Grilled Coconut-Lime Skewers
- - 1 (12 oz.) can Coca-Cola
- - 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- - 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- - 1/4 cup soy sauce
- - 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- - 1 tablespoon ketchup
- - 1/3 cup coconut milk
- - Juice from 2 limes
- - 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, shelled shrimp, or flank steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
Combine all ingredients, except meat, in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Place meat in large zip-top bag and pour cooled marinade over it. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. When ready to cook, thread meat onto skewers and grill 3–4 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
For more delicious recipes, check out Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites by Sara Wells and Kate Jones.