Do you like banana or zucchini bread? Do you like strawberries? If so, you'll love this recipe. You can make it with or without nuts. We substituted walnuts for the pecans and as a way to use your food storage we used Provident Pantry® Butter Powder for the oil, and Provident Pantry® Whole Egg Powder for the eggs.
3 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups freeze-dried strawberry slices
Reconstitute before using. Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Greese and flour 9" x 5" pan; Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, and oil; Stir in pecans and strawberries.
4. Add egg mixture to the sifted ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let cool and serve.
To use Provident Pantry® Butter or Margarine Powder in place of the oil, add 1 cup powder to the dry ingredients and 1/2 cup warm water to the wet ingredients. You can add 1-2 teaspoons of oil for added flavor if desired. For the eggs, use 8 tablespoons of whole egg powder and 12 tablespoons water - this is the equivalent of 4 large eggs.