- 5-6 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce (I prefer Aloha Shoyu)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 5 pounds chicken thighs (bone-in), skin removed
- green onions, chopped (optional)
Combine all ingredients except chicken and green onions in a large bowl or leak-proof plastic resealable bag. Add chicken to marinade. Marinate at least 4 hours; overnight is best. Place chicken in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour marinade over the chicken. Sprinkle with green onion. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The chicken can also be grilled on a barbecue and basted with the marinade. Eat with white rice and Hawaiian-style macaroni salad.
West Point Ward
Tupelo Mississippi Stake
From The Worldwide Ward Cookbook. Copyright Covenant Communications, 2009.
Click here to buy the book!