Chicken (or Turkey) Broccoli Casserole
Emergency Essentials - February 14, 2012
We're always looking for delicious and realistic ways to incorporate food storage into everyday meals. Use food storage or leftovers easily in this classic casserole.
A touch of lemon pepper adds a little spice to this easy-to-make chicken or turkey casserole.
1-2 cups freeze-dried broccoli+
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup freeze-dried cheddar cheese+
1-2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
+Reconstitute before using. Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Reconstitute meat and broccoli. For more flavorful chicken and/or turkey, add 1 tsp each of salt and chicken bullion to water when reconstituting.
2. Add meat (drained) to bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle lemon pepper over meat. Heat for 5 minutes in oven at 350 degrees.
3. Mix soup, mayo and lemon juice in a bowl.
4. Carefully remove dish from oven. Cover meat with broccoli (drained). Spread soup mixture evenly over meat and broccoli. Sprinkle on reconstituted cheese and then bread crumbs.
5. Return to oven and cook an additional 15-20 minutes. Great by itself or served over rice.
© Emergency Essentials for LDS Living, 2012.