This article was originally published on LDS Living in June 2016 but has been updated to include new, relevant information.
School is out, summer is in, and that means girls camp season is upon us. To prepare you for what's ahead, we put together some of the many experiences you may have while having a blast at camp.
1. When everyone starts singing Disney songs on the car ride to camp:
2. But by the end of the ride, you're the one singing the loudest.
3. When you have to set up camp for the first time:
4. By the end of the week, you're basically Bear Gylls.
5. The first night you try to create the perfect s'more:
6. But by the last night you give up and just eat plain marshmallows.
7. When you stay up all night gorging on candy:
8. But then have to get up at 5 a.m. for an early morning, 10-mile hike.
9. What you think you look like heading out for the overnighter:
10. What you actually look like:
11. When everyone unintentionally wears the camp shirt on the same day:
12. When you come up with the best skit of all time:
13. And make all the crafts you want.
14. How you feel before doing some crazy hard outdoor activity:
15. How you feel while you're doing it:
16. When you bond over testimony meeting:
17. When you realize girls camp is a blast and you can't wait until next year:
Lead image from Getty Images