Many delicious recipes are notorious for being hefty in calories, but believe it or not, all these tantalizing recipes are less than 400 calories per serving!
Guiltless Chicken Salad
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ½–1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds, sliced
- Salt and pepper
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds. If possible, chill for 1 hour before eating. Before serving, mix in almonds. Eat in lettuce wrap, on wholegrain bread, or with pita bread.
Check out more healthy recipes in 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites, available at Deseret Book and deseretbook.com.