Whether you are preparing for a Halloween party or celebrating the beautiful autumn leaves, here are some delicious fall-themed recipes your family will enjoy this season.
Dinner in a Pumpkin
- 1 medium pumpkin*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped assorted vegetables, such as celery, carrots, onions, green pepper, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, etc.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
Cut off top of pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds. Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, add assorted veggies, and sauté until tender. Add meat, breaking up into small pieces and cooking until browned. Stir in soy sauce, soup, and cooked brown rice. Mix well. Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell. Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, or until inside meat of pumpkin is tender. After you scoop out the yummy stuff inside, don’t forget to scrape out the insides of the pumpkin! It tastes just like spaghetti squash! * Check the size of your oven to make sure pumpkin will fit.
White Chocolate Monster Munch
- 1/2 (10 oz.) package mini pretzel twists
- 2 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup peanuts (or mixed nuts)
- 1 (12 oz.) package candy corn M&Ms
- 2 cups candy corn
- 1 (12 oz.) package white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In large bowl (or two medium bowls), combine first 6 ingredients. Set aside. In microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips and vegetable oil on high power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate is smooth and melted. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and stir until cereal is evenly covered with white chocolate. Spread mixture on 2 large baking sheets lined with waxed paper. Let cool then break apart into chunks. Store in airtight container.