2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup dehydrated applesauce^
1 cup freeze-dried raspberries^
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
^Reconstitute egg, applesauce, and raspberries before using. Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a seperate bowl, whip egg with syrup, oil, and applesauce. Add to dry ingredients. Beat well to blend.
4. Pour batter into 8" x 9" or 9" x 9" baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan.
6. Invert onto cake platter. Serve with slices of raspberries. Dust with powdered sugar.