The question is, how much do you really have? Oh, you may know that you have two cases of this, or several boxes of that . . . but what does that really mean? Well, don't worry; you aren't hopelessly lost on the trail. We have a Food Storage GPS™ for you! It is called the Food Storage Analyzer, and it's available at BePrepared.com/analyzer. Not only will the Analyzer pinpoint where you are in your preparedness, but it will help you know where to go next. Have I piqued your interest? I hope so! Let's learn more.
You can try this free preparedness tool without creating an account; however, once you do create a login, your data will be saved for future reference. Let's go through the step by step process of using your Food Storage Analyzer.
1. Login. You create your own password and username so you can save all of your data and update it as your journey progresses.
2. Input your family information. The Analyzer wants to know how many people you are storing for, their genders, and their ages. This helps the program determine how many calories you need for each member of your family. You will get to see the recommended caloric intake for each member; later on you'll see how important this information is.
3. Fill in your current food storage items. These are items that are commonly stored, like Mountain House Foods, MRE's, SuperPails, and Provident Pantry #10 Cans. Many commonly purchased grocery store canned items are also available in the system. Any items you have purchased from Emergency Essentials will also be in the Analyzer. Find your items, click on them, and add them to your list.
4. Add your own items. Do you have items not listed on the Analyzer? Don't worry; you can add them! Just input the name, nutritional information, and serving size information found on each package, and the Analyzer will add it to your list and calculate the calories and nutrients for you.
5. View and analyze the calculations. After you have put your items in, you get to calculate your results. The Analyzer will tell you how many days' worth of calories your current food storage has. Not only will you see how many days your family can survive on the calories you have stored, the Analyzer also tells you what nutrients you are short on and suggests items to round out your food storage. For example, if you find that you are short on Vitamin A, the Analyzer will allow you to look up items that will add more of this vitamin to your plan!
6. Add intended future purchases. You can now take the time to figure out what items you could add to your plan to make it more nutritionally sound for your family. The Analyzer will allow you to add items that you "intend" to purchase and then see how it affects your calculations. No busy work for you, just a few simple clicks to help you make a plan for your future purchases.
7. Ordering. If you would like to, you can even order items straight from the Analyzer. If you choose to do so, the Analyzer will guide you step by step through the ordering process.
8. Keep your analyzer updated. As you visit the store and add items to your shelves, don't forget to add them to your Analyzer list! The analyzer allows you to print out a copy of your food storage contents to hang in your pantry and manually update as items are added and consumed. Periodically take this information and update your analyzer.
So, if you aren't sure where you are in your preparedness journey, don't hesitate to click on the link at BePrepared.com/Analyzer! It really is much more than just a calculator. Your Food Storage GPS™, The Food Storage Analyzer, will change the way you look at your food storage.