Here’s a snapshot of what you may have missed on LDS Living this week. You can also subscribe to the LDS Living newsletter for daily inspiration right to your inbox.
Don Bluth, the man behind ‘The Land Before Time’ and ‘Anastasia,’ talks faith, leaving Disney, and the art of animation
As the man behind classic movies like The Land Before Time, Anastasia, and The Secret of Nimh, Don Bluth is well known for the way he masterfully brings characters to life and shares stories with heart on the movie screen. But many may not know about the principles that drive Bluth and how the gospel plays an integral role in his life’s work. Read the LDS Living magazine cover story.
On Friday, Church News released a list of 105 mission presidents and companions called by the First Presidency. A General Authority Seventy, a member of the Primary General Presidency, a former NFL player, and parents of an Olympian are included on the list of newly-called mission leadership couples. Learn more about some of these couples whose service will begin in July 2021.
“Knowing there is a pillar of light waiting for all that will deliver us from our suffering is cause for great hope. It helps us look heavenward and toward better days. It gives us strength to endure in times of trial.” Read more from Dr. David T. Morgan.
• The Church's new youth album landed a top 10 spot on the iTunes Christian Music chart. Here's how you can listen.
• The Church released a statement saying Elder and Sister Soares had mild cases of COVID-19 over the holiday break.
• A car accident claimed the life of a young missionary serving in Arkansas. Three other missionaries were injured.
• Seven additional temples will enter Phase 2 on January 11.
• The Bonner Family has a new album, Come Ye Saints.
Study Helps, Podcast Previews, and Other Weekly Series
• When we recorded this week's episode of All In, Rebecca Hirschi was on hospice and had been given two to three months to live after a battle with breast cancer. She passed away on January 3, 2021, just days before we released this episode where Hirschi shares what she learned about the gift of life and living each day to its fullest. Read an excerpt from the episode, “Latter-day Saint wife and mother shares beautiful final testimony before passing away.”