Here’s a snapshot of what you may have missed on LDS Living this week. You can also subscribe to the LDS Living newsletter for daily inspiration right to your inbox.
Writer Jannalee Sandau writes, “While everyone’s individual 2020 gratitude lists will look a little different depending on personal circumstances, here are a few things that I, and perhaps many of you, have come to appreciate more than ever this year.” Read the full list here.
As a 14-year-old typing out stories on a typewriter in her room, Ingrid Ochoa had no idea what life had in store for her. She had no idea that she would go on a mission to Taiwan, live in four different countries, or when her first kiss would be. She also had no idea that she would create an online comic series based on her life that would reach millions of people around the world. Read the LDS Living feature.
Chronic anxiety is becoming a more and more pervasive emotion, and while there are many causes for the increase in anxiety, one of the primary culprits is our thoughts. Here are three things that we can “consider” that might help ease anxiety.
• LDS Living announced the December Book Club pick: Born This Happy Morning by John Bytheway.
• BYU Women's Conference is currently planned to be held both digitally and online.
• Starting on November 30, one additional temple will enter Phase 1 and two more will enter Phase 2.
Study Helps, Podcast Previews, and Other Weekly Series
• In this week’s “Resources to follow Him,” a curation of study resources, teachings, and thoughts related to this week’s Come, Follow Me, author Lindsey Williams writes “4 scripture passages and questions to spur discussion in this week’s Come, Follow Me.” You can also find this week's podcast episode of Sunday on Monday here.
• “This week from the pulpit” highlights recent messages by General Authorities, General Officers, and leaders of the Church. This week's article shares “What Church leaders have shared as part of President Nelson's #GiveThanks challenge.”
• On this week’s episode of This Is the Gospel, Jeff finds himself in his family's homeland armed with a letter written in Montenegrin and an unquenchable desire to discover his own family history. Read an excerpt from the episode, “How a prayer in a monastery led to a man finding the lost line of his family history.”
• In the series, “Scenes from Saints” author Jannalee Sandau shares interesting takeaways from Saints volume 2. This weekly series continues with the article “From a nonmember defending the Saints to an ex-missionary attempting to build an empire: 9 surprising stories from ‘Saints’ 2.”
• On this week's episode of All In, host Morgan Jones is joined by author and speaker John Bytheway. Read an excerpt from this week's episode, “The President Kimball quote that reminds John Bytheway of ‘It’s a Wonderful Life.’”