That is an incredibly ambitious goal, but the way it has taken off, he might actually accomplish it. Here's why I say that; let's look at some recent company figures:
- 50 percent of the 400 million users log on to Facebook in any given day
- More than 60 million status updates posted each day
- More than 3 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
- More than 1.5 million local businesses have active pages on Facebook
- Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans
Let me start by saying that I LOVE Facebook -- it has given me the opportunity to connect with people that I haven't seen or talked to in decades. It has brought back sweet memories of friends from my childhood swimming days.