LDS Conference Center fire caused $500K in damage, fire officials say

by | Apr. 20, 2012

Everything Else

A fire at the downtown Conference Center caused $500,000 in damage to the LDS Church building, fire officials said Thursday.

The blaze began about 8:15 p.m. Monday in a bank of backup batteries in a mechanical room at the Conference Center, 60 N. West Temple. The batteries serve as a backup electrical service that helps power the generator in the building.

Read the rest of this story at deseretnews.com
Comments and feedback can be sent to feedback@ldsliving.com