In 1924, a prominent visiting Mormon envisioned a “great white temple” on the Oakland hills. Land was bought in 1943; construction started in 1956 on what is now 18.3 acres of church property. Opened in 1964, the temple is used only for spiritual ceremonies, baptisms and marriages. Sunday services are held in the neighboring conference center.
Comments and feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org