The holiday season is merry, joyous, bright, and expensive. So expensive that at the end of the year you may look back and cringe at the amount of money you spent on holiday gifts and food. You may even find yourself regretting the decision to put your holiday shopping off until a couple of weeks before Christmas.
Traditionally, those who shop for holiday gifts months in advance are able to space out their spending. So, holiday shopping does not seem to be as expensive for them as it does for the last-minute shopper. Last-minute shopping already adds stress to a busy holiday season without also having to worry about the amount of money you’re spending at one time.
There are a number of ways to make quick cash to help supplement your seasonal spending.
Pick up some odd jobs
* Set-up and decorate Christmas trees for people in your area
* Advertise your holiday light installation business
* Create a gift and package wrapping business and charge a fee based on package size, or do this for tips instead of a set fee
* Become a personal shopper for a busy business executive or a shut-in
* Install chains on car tires
* Shovel snow from driveways and walkways
* Have a children’s yard sale that focuses on selling some of your children’s old toys and clothes. During the holiday season, children’s items will sell the most.
* Have a conventional yard sale where you sell clothes and other items that you do not need anymore
* Go to a consignment shop and sell old furniture and other items
* Sell crafts at arts and crafts fairs, or at local street fairs
* Create gift baskets. Take pictures of sample baskets to show people samples of your work. Make standard and custom baskets.
Take On a Shift
* Work at a Christmas tree lot
* Pick up a shift at a weekend or seasonal retail job at the mall. Some of these jobs even keep employees on for a couple months after the holidays.
* Work as one of Santa’s helpers at the mall or other places that offer Santa visits to children
Make Online Sales
* A great way to generate quick cash at any time of the year is to sell items such as CDs, DVDs, software, and household items on Amazon.com’s Marketplace.
* You can sell large and oddly shaped items on websites like eBay and Craigslist for a quicker turnaround time
Throw a Home Party
* Become a home distributor for Salt City Candles. Salt City allows you to become your own business owner as you sell candles—the perfect holiday gift. They provide you with the training, materials, and support you need to throw fun parties for your guests. Click here to get started.
* Have a Shelf Reliance party to give the gift of food storage to your family and friends. Become a Shelf Reliance consultant and open up your home to help teach others how to be self reliant in their cooking and emergency preparedness skills. To find out more about this opportunity click here.
Comments and feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION AND INSPIRATION FOR LIVING A LATTER-DAY SAINT LIFE
Daily news, articles & videos right to your inbox.