OREM, UTAH – The first LDS Missionary Expo will be held October 1–3, 2014 at the UCCU Center at Utah Valley University in Orem. The free Expo is about all things missionary under five main themes: prepare, serve, support, return and senior couples.
There will be food, music, entertainment, booths, inspirational speakers, a career and education fair, and much more. A benefit concert, featuring Jenny Oaks Baker, Nathan Pacheco, BYU’s Vocal Point and more, will close the Expo with proceeds going to the general missionary fund of the LDS Church.
Co-Founder Kent Hansen says there are five goals of the Expo:
1. Inspire youth to serve an LDS mission
2. Help outbound missionaries and families with valuable tips and resources
3. Assist returning missionaries with education and career pursuits
4. Help prospective senior missionaries learn more about various missionary service opportunities
5. Contribute significant funds to the general missionary fund of the Church.
LDS Missionary Expo is the brainchild of friends and missionary dads, Scott Anderson and Kent Hansen (Italy Milan Mission), who have three children serving full-time missions. The dads see the expo as a great way to help missionary work locally and worldwide. For tickets or to learn more about the LDS Missionary Expo and the Benefit Concert, please visit www.ldsmissionaryexpo.com.