Checking accounts are a basic need for many people. However, I’ve talked with some who feel like these accounts are outdated and don’t reflect the way modern banking is done. The reality is that today’s checking accounts—or digital transaction accounts—offer so much more than just checks.
Here are some of the modern features you’ll receive with a MyStyle Checking℠ account from Mountain America:
1. Free access to your credit score—Knowing your credit score gives you a better idea of what interest rate you may qualify for if you’re considering a mortgage, auto loan or other lending opportunity.
2. Rate discounts on consumer loans—These discounts can help you save hundreds—maybe even thousands—on your auto loan, RV loan or even a personal loan.
3. Tap-to-pay Visa® debit cards—Cut down on your time at the checkout counter—tap-to-pay debit cards with the Contactless Indicator offer a fast, easy and secure checkout option on everything you buy.
4. Rewards points—Earn points with your MyStyle Checking account and redeem them for exciting rewards, like travel rebates, gift cards, event tickets or even cash back.
5. Control over your card—No need to worry about a misplaced debit card—with this account, you can access card manager online or through the mobile app to freeze and unfreeze your card, change your PIN, set travel notifications and request a new or replacement card.
Additional financial strategy benefits
If you’re new to managing your money, or just want to get your teenagers to start learning about finances, a digital transaction account is a great way to do it. Here’s why:
- • Establish your financial path—It’s a basecamp for your finances—a place to easily add and withdraw your money and track your spending.
- • Gain easy access to your money—View your financial information easily with online and mobile banking.
- • Increase your credit score—Conveniently pay bills and set up automatic payments to avoid late fees and negative marks on your score.
- • Enjoy accessibility and security—With a debit card, you get the convenience of a quick and secure way to make point-of-sale transactions—and it’s safer than carrying cash.
- • Develop a financial relationship—Having an established financial relationship can give you access not only to better loan rates but also financial guidance, retirement planning services, budgeting resources, and more.
Sharon Cook, CMO, Mountain America Credit Union
Sharon is a wife, a mother, and the Chief Marketing Officer/SVP of Mountain America Credit Union, where she oversees the marketing, PR, social, and web departments. She has dedicated her life to helping people make smart decisions—whether financial, professional, or personal. “It’s why I love all of my roles,” says Sharon. Reach her at email@example.com. For help with financial needs, call 1-800-748-4302, and a Mountain America representative will assist you.