One of Utah's 24 temples has had its name changed by the First Presidency, according to Church Newsroom.
The First Presidency approved the name of the Washington County Utah Temple to be changed to the Red Cliffs Utah Temple.
The temple was announced in October 2018 by President Russell M. Nelson. According to Church Newsroom, the temple "will be built on a 14-acre site located northeast of 3000 East 1580 South in St. George, Utah. Plans call for a three-story temple of approximately 90,000 square feet."
This will be the second temple in the city. The St. George Utah Temple, originally dedicated in 1877, closed for extensive renovation in November 2019 and is expected to reopen in 2022.
Deseret News shared that red sandstone cliffs are famous in the city of St. George and the 60,000-acre Red Cliffs Desert Reserve is located north of the city.
Read more of the story, including which temple in California has also been renamed for a landmark, at Deseret News.