- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (about one 9-ounce package chocolate wafers, crushed)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (use key limes if available—they’re the real thing; add to taste)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Crust: Combine crumbs and melted butter, mix well. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Prebake crust about 15 minutes. Let cool.
Pie filling: Beat egg yolks until light. Add sweetened condensed milk and cream; blend well. Beat in lime juice and zest. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake until custard is just set, about 15 minutes. Outside edges of pie should be firm and the center should be soft. Cool to room temperature.
See more recipes to try at your family table in The Romney Family Table, available at deseretbook.com