Getting caught up in our own hectic lives can be a little too easy. We have responsibilities to our family, school, work, church, sports, and other things we are involved with. So how do we push past the stress of completing every single item on our infinite to-do list? It's as simple as service. Mosiah 2:17 says: "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." As we selflessly turn our hearts towards those around us, we will be blessed as a result of doing God's will. Here are 8 LDS quotes on service to help you find the joy in the act.
1. "Go on until we are perfect, loving our neighbor more than we love ourselves."
Brigham Young, Discourses of Brigham Young
2. "We must live as true followers of the Christ, with charity toward all, returning good for evil, teaching by example the ways of the Lord, and accomplishing the vast service He has outlined for us."
Gordon B. Hinckley Broken Things to Mend
3. "Charity is something one becomes."
Dallin H. Oaks Coming to Know Christ
4. "One of the greatest accomplishments in this world would be that of lifting human hearts. Blessed are they who are kind and considerate of the feelings of other people."
Richard L. Evans February 1971 Ensign
5. "Our Savior teaches us to follow Him by making the sacrifices necessary to lose ourselves in unselfish service to others."
Dallin H. Oaks, April 2009 general conference
6. "May we show our love and appreciation for the Savior's atoning sacrifice through our simple, compassionate acts of service."
M. Russell Ballard, April 2011 general conference
7. "Look for ways to bless the lives of others through seemingly simple acts of service."
Steven E. Snow, October 2007 general conference
8. "Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life."
Thomas S. Monson, October 2010 general conference
Know any other LDS quotes on service? Let us know with a comment below!