34132

VidAngel Fined $10,000 in Ongoing Legal Battle

by | Jan. 09, 2017

Mormon Life

Though VidAngel has seen another setback in the lawsuit filed against them, the company is still confident and continues to fight against the lawsuit.

In the latest episode of VidAngel's ongoing legal battle against Hollywood studios, Los Angeles federal judge Andre Birotte found the Utah-based movie streaming and filtering company in contempt for not doing more in a timely manner to comply with a preliminary injunction and for not advising the court sooner of the effects that immediate compliance would have beyond the issuance of the injunction, according to VidAngel attorney David Quinto.

"The injunction was intended to affect 53 percent of VidAngel's current business. VidAngel was trying to find ways to comply with the preliminary injunction without affecting the other 47 percent. When the judge denied our request for a stay, VidAngel immediately complied with the preliminary injunction," Quinto said in a telephone interview with the Deseret News.

Lead image from Deseret News
Read the rest of this story at deseret.com
Comments and feedback can be sent to feedback@ldsliving.com