1. Fold in half.
2. Become frustrated and wad into ball.
3. Stuff into back of closet.
Ta da! No, seriously, that's how I fold a fitted sheet. Luckily, I came across this awesome blog, Old School, where tutorials are given on how to do things the old fashion way. And guess what I found? How to fold a fitted sheet!
How to Fold a Fitted Sheet
1. Hold the sheet lengthwise with a hand in each fitted corner.
2. Lay this down carefully, and do the same with the other two corners.
3. Now pick them up, two nested corners in each hand, looking to see that the sheet hanging between isn’t twisted. Slip one hand over the other, so that now all four corners are nested inside each other.
4. Lay the sheet on a flat surface, the four corners at the upper left. The corners will make the top and left edges lap over the main part of the sheet. Slide your left hand up into the four corners to make it square, and flatten and straighten the whole thing into a rectangle.
5. Now fold the top edge down a third, and then a third again.
6. Make a nice flat rectangle.
7. Fold one more time.
8. And you’re done! This sweet little bundle will take up a lot less space than the rolled-up-in-a-ball way.