2nd Place Winner: Chocolate Fudge
June Sabatinos; Rigby, Idaho
· 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
· 4½ cups granulated sugar
· 1 (9 oz.) package bittersweet chocolate chips
· 1 (9 oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips
· 1 cup butter
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups nuts (walnuts or pecans)
Mix evaporated milk and sugar together in heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and butter.
Stir together to melt chocolate and butter. Add vanilla and nuts; stir to mix. Pour into 9×13-inch pan lined with parchment paper and let cool. Cut into squares. Store in airtight container. This fudge also freezes well.