'Tis the season for ward chili cook-offs! Wow your friends and neighbors with these five amazing recipes!
White Chicken Chili
This was the winning recipe of LDS Living's 2013 chili cook-off! It's incredibly delicious and sure to be devoured by everyone!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (8-ounce) can green salsa
1 onion, chopped
3 cups chicken broth
2 cans beans any variety ( I used 1 white, 1 kidney), drained
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1. Combine all ingredients except for the sour cream and cilantro in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on LOW for 6–8 hours, HIGH 3-4 hours.
3. Remove cooked chicken from pot, shred into bite-sized pieces, and return to chili.
4. Stir in sour cream and fresh cilantro.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or corn bread.
– Heather Cheney, Hillsboro, OR