Garlic Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
Makes 4-6 servings
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3-quart
Cooking time: 4-6 hours
1 head cauliflower
3 cups water
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon butter
Milk (if needed)
Salt and pepper to taste
Chives or green onions, for topping
1. Clean the cauliflower; cut it into florets and place in the slow-cooker.
2. Stir in water, garlic cloves, salt, and bay leaf.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until cauliflower is tender.
4. Remove the garlic cloves and bay leaf. Drain the water.
5. Add the butter and let it melt.
6. Use a potato masher to mash the cauliflower; if you want it creamier, use an immersion blender. If needed, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chopped chives or green onions.
This recipe came from Slow Cooking Fast by Karen Bellessa Petersen.