Joe is a special child, but as his teacher, what can I do to help my classroom be more effective as a learning environment for Joe? I see that he gets easily distracted from my lessons. What can I do?
As the Bishop, I notice that Joe struggles to stay quiet during Sacrament Meeting, and I do not want to approach the parents about it. What can I do?
I find his behavior hard to deal with, because he does not seem to get along with his fellow Primary friends. As Primary President how can I make things better for him?
As a ward family, you may notice the parents trying their best to help Joe out, but things don’t seem to be working smoothly to help him adapt well to Church.
For easy access, here are the topics covered:
- What is Autism?
- How to deal with distraction
- Helping them to understand you when you teach
- How to help them control their emotions
- Why speaking loudly or giving a hug may upset them
- What to do about other kids teasing the child
- What more can I do?