A new feature on familysearch.org allows users to share their Instagram and Facebook photos directly to FamilySearch.
The feature allows users to select what photos from Instagram or Facebook they would like to link to on their family tree as a "permanent way to leave a photo legacy," according to ldsmediatalk.com and makes it easy to add current photos to the website.
(Image from ldsmediatalk.com)
Here's how to use this new feature:
1. Sign into familysearch.org.
2. Select "Memories."
3. Choose "Gallery."
4. Click the green plus icon at the top center of the page.
5. Select Instagram or Facebook.
6. Enter your username and password for the site you chose.
7. Authorize that site to access your information in familysearch.org.
8. In the window that appears, select the pictures you would like to import, and click Import.
It is not possible to import photos from these social media sites on FamilySearch mobile apps and, according to ldsmediatalk.com, users might experience difficulties with Edge and Internet Explorer 11 browsers because of the trusted site settings. If this happens, ldsmediatalk.com advises users try adding FamilySearch.org to your trusted sites list or use another browser.
Lead image from FamilySearch