Everyone loves cupcakes and these cute little patriotic flags complete the yummy frosting on top! All you need are some patriotic papers, toothpicks, and glue to make your cupcakes the talk of the BBQ.
We R Memory Keepers: Yankee Doodles Scrapbook Pad
Oh My Crafts: Acid Free Craft Tape ¼ inch
Jenni Bowlin: Spice Tin Ink
Diamond: Bamboo Forks (by regular toothpicks)
EK Success Punches: Dotted Wave, Ziz Zag Stitch
Tsukineko: Versamark Dazzle Watermark Ink
American Crafts: Zing Glitter Finish: Red, Black
Zing Metallic Finish: Teal, Silver
Stampendous: Patriotic Pair Stamp Set
Marvy: Heat Emboss tool
(Use coupon code LDS10 at ohmycrafts.com to get 10% off supplies needed.)
4th of July Cupcake Flags:
- Cut a strip of printed-paper 1½ x 2⅜ inches. Repeat for number of flags needed.
- Cut stars and other shapes from paper in the kit to embellish flags. Stickers can also be used to spell out phrases.
- Ink edges of flag with matching ink to cover white core.
- Wrap one end of flag around the top of the bamboo fork to make creases.
- Cut two strips of craft tape about 1¼ inch an place next to edge and then just a space apart. (See photo)
- Place stick on outer strip of adhesive and roll on to the other adhesive strip.
- Place in cupcake and enjoy!
- Stamp design on flag with Versamark ink.
- Sprinkle liberally with Zing powder. Shake off excess powder into creased paper and pour back into bottle. Flick back of flag to remove any remaining powder.
- Use heat emboss tool to activate powder and give raised image.
Creasing the flag around the fork before applying adhesive will help to insure the flag goes on straight.