Here are some fun, (nearly free) ideas to kickstart the heat with your kids:
1. Put big globs of shaving cream on the table, and let your kids sculpt and fingerpaint. (It’ll clean your table, too!)
2. Make tinfoil boats and float them down a creek or pond.
3. Have a picnic in your backyard.
4. Play dress-up. Let the kids dress up in some of your old clothing.
5. Create a literacy library for the summer. Put a price tag on good books for incentives for your kids to read at a more challenging level.
6. Make family T-shirts and conduct your activities like summer camp.